|Shimla Address :Set No 305, Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru Vidhyak Sadan, Shimla-171004.|
|Permanent Address :Village Sughar, P.O. Bandla Tehsil. Palampur, Distt. Kangra|
|Mobile Number :9418045531|
Son of late Thakur Ganga Ram; born on 28th May, 1955 at Bheri, Distt. Kangra; B.A.; educated at Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar; married to Smt. Madhu Bala; two sons; Agriculturist, Businessman,Political and Social Worker.
Remained President, Bhartiya Janata Yuva Morcha, Thural Constituency, 1990-93; General Secretary, Bhartiya Janata Party, Distt. Kangra, 1994-98.
Elected to State Legislative Assembly in 1993; re-elected in 1998,2003 and 2007 from Thural Assembly segment which after delimitation has been ceased to exist. Remained, Chairman, Public Undertakings Committee, 1998; Minister of State for Technical Education (Ind. Charge) and M.P.P. and Power (attached with the Chief Minister), 1998 to 2003; and Chief Whip, B.J.P. Legislature Party, 2003-07; and Minister of Irrigation & Public Health from 09-01-2008 to December 2012.
Elected to the State Legislative Assembly for fifth consecutive term in 2012; and appointed Chairman, Public Accounts Committee.
- Special Interest : Social service and to take development activities and public welfare schemes to deserving individual and families.
- Languages Known : Hindi, English and Punjabi.
- Travels Abroad : Visited Nepal as part of a delegation of Indo-German Changer Project, Palampur (Kangra).
- Favourite Pastime : Reading
- Social Activities : Water conservation and harvesting and aware masses to make the state polythene free and environment conservation through NGO.