|Shimla Address :Minister's House No. 12, Grant Lodge, Shimla-171002.|
|Permanent Address : Village & P.O. Tharu, Tehsil & Distt. Kangra.|
|Mobile Number :9816035297|
Son of late Shri M.S. Bali; born on 27-07-1954 at Kangra; Diploma in Mechanical Engineering; married; one son and two daughters; Industrialist and Agriculturist.
Vice Chairman and subsequently Chairman, State Social Bodies Federation; Convener, Indian National Congress, Vichar Manch, 1990-97; President, Congress Seva Dal, 1995-98; Joint Secretary, Pradesh Congress Committee, 1993-98; and Founder President, Himachal Nagrik Sudhar Sabha.
Elected to Pradesh Vidhan Sabha in 1998; re-elected in 2003 & 2007. Remained Transport Minister, March 6, 2003 to July 29, 2007; and Member, Estimates and Ethics Committees 2008-2012.
Undertook ‘Berojgar Yatra’ during 2012 throughout Himachal Pradesh for the cause of un-employed youths of the Pradesh as a result of which un-employment Allowance has been granted by the Government.
Elected to the State Legislative Assembly for fourth consecutive term in 2012 and inducted into Council of Minister as Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs with additional charge of Transport, Technical Education, Vocational & Industrial Training Minister.
- Additional Charge:Transport, Technical Education, Vocational & Industrial Training Minister
- Special Interest : Service of downtrodden and weaker sections of society.
- Languages Known : Hindi, English and Punjabi.
- Travels Abroad : Australia, Singapore and Europeon countries.
- Sports: Cricket, hockey & volley ball.