|Shimla Address : Benmore 6, Chotta Shimla-171002.|
|Permanent Address :House No. 59/1, Ward No.3, Mandi.|
|Mobile Number :9805022790|
Son of Pt. Sukh Ram (Ex. Minister: Union and State Govt.); born on 30-06-1956 at Sultanpur, Kullu; B.Sc. (Dairy Technology); educated at Shimla, Chandigarh and A.A.I., Allahabad; Married; Two sons; Businessman & Horticulturist.
Elected to State Legislative Assembly in November 1993; re-elected to the Assembly in December 2007; remained Minister of State for Youth Services, Sports and Forest, 1993-96; Chief Whip, Congress Legislature Party; General Secretary, Pradesh Congress Committee, March 2008 onwards; and Member, Public Accounts, Rural Planning, General Development Committees.
Elected to Rajya Sabha in 1998; Member: Railway Convention Committee, ii) Food, Civil Supplies and Public Distribution Committee and Consultative Committees of Ministry of Communication and Ministry of Communication and Information Technology.
Elected again to State Legislative Assembly for a third time in December, 2012; and appointed Chairman, Public Administration Committee and thereafter inducted into Council of Minister as Rural Development and Panchayati Raj Minister on 02 March,2013.
- Additional Charge: Panchayati Raj, Animal Husbandry.
- Special Interest : Agriculture/horticulture, education and youth affairs.
- Languages Known : Hindi, English
- Travels Abroad : Japan, South Korea, Singapore, Hong Kong, USA, France, Spain, England, Switzerland,Bangkok & Italy.
- Favorite Pastime : Reading and sports