|Shimla Address :Set No. 703 & 704, New Metropole Hostel, Shimla-171001.|
|Permanent Address :Jandrighat Palace, Dalhousie, Distt. Chamba (H.P) 176310|
|Mobile Number :9418004500|
Daughter of Shri Madneshwar Saran Singh Deo (Retd. Chief Secretary, MP); born on 23rd September,1955 at New Delhi; BA.; educated at Bhopal; married to late Shri R.K. Brijendra Singh on 19th April, 1979; one daughter; Horticulturist, Social & Political Worker.
President’s Medal awardee for being a Girls Guide; Founder Member, NSUI, 1972; General Secretary, MLB Girls College, Bhopal, 1975-77; elected President, Bhopal University Students Union, 1978-79; arrested during an agitation in favor of late Prime Minister Mrs. Indira Gandhi, September 1978; remained Regional Director, INTACH, 1990-91 and State Convenor, INTACH, 1998; General Secretary HPCC; and presently Member, AICC.
Elected to State Legislative Assembly in 1985 and again in 1993, 1998 & 2003 from Banikhet Assembly Constituency which after delimitation has been renamed as Dalhouise.
Remained Minister of State for Primary Education (independent charge) from 18th October, 1995 to March, 1998; Education Minister from 6th March, 2003 to 8th February, 2005. Also remained in Panel of Chairman of H.P. Vidhan Sabha and Chairman of various House Committees.
Elected to the State Legislative Assembly for a fifth term in 2012 from Dalhousie Assembly segment; and appointed Chairman, Public Undertakings Committee.
- Languages Known : English, Hindi, Chambyali and Chattishgarhi.
- Travels Abroad : Singapore and Nepal.
- Favourite Pastime : Reading (especially books on psychology), heritage & wildlife conservation and music.
- Sports: Represented M.P. in volley ball & Bhopal University in volley ball & basket ball. Also remained captain Bhopal University volley ball team.
- Awards: Winner of Best Parliamentarian Awards for Outstanding Attendance in HP. Vidhan Sabha Committees during 1994-95.