|Shimla Address :Kristan Hall, Shimla-171002.|
|Permanent Address :Village & P.O. Samirpur, Tehsil Bhoranj, Distt. Hamirpur.|
|Mobile Number :9418050009|
Son of Smt. Phulmu Devi and Capt.Mahant Ram; born on 10th April, 1944 at village Samirpur, Distt. Hamirpur; M.A. L.L.B. educated at Doaba College, Jallandhar Regional Centre Punjab University and Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar; married; two sons; Teacher and Agriculturist.
Remained State Secretary, B.J.Y.M., 1980-82; Vice- President, B.J.Y.M, 1982-85; General Secretary, State BJP, 1985-93, and State President, BJP, 1993-98
Elected to ninth Lok Sabha in 1989; re-elected to tenth Lok Sabha in 1991and to fourteenth Lok Sabha in 2007 (by-election); remained Member: Consultative Committee, Ministry of Communication 1989-96, ii) Standing Committee on Transport & Tourism, 1991-96, iii) Railways Convention Committee, 1991-96, and iv) National Council for Teachers's Education, 1993-96; and remained Alternate Chairman, Estimates Committee, Lok Sabha.
Elected to State Legislative Assembly in 1998, 2003 and in December, 2007 from Bamsan Assembly segment which has been renamed as Sujanpur after delemitation; Chief Minister, Himachal Pradesh, 1998-2003 & 2007-2012; Leader of B.J.P, Legislature Group, March 2003 to 16 June, 2007.
Again elected to the State Legislative Assembly for the fourth time in 2012; and Leader of the Opposition since 02-01-2013.
- Special Interest : Welfare of ex-servicemen; development of rural areas; educational reforms; improvement in road transport and railways in the State.
- Languages Known : Hindi, English
- Travels Abroad : U.K.,U.S.A. Colombia, Argentina, Peru, Uruguay, and Brazil as part of Indian Parliamentary delegation to IPU Conference at Punta-Del-Este (Uruguay). Also visited Costa-Rica and Washington in 2009.
- Sports: Captained College volleyball team for three consecutive years.
- Social Activities : Associated with various social organizations such as Bharat Vikas Parishad, Vivekanand Memorial Society and Himachal Hitkarini Sabha.