|Permanent Address :VPO. Kalpa, Distt. Kinnaur.|
|Mobile Number :9418006002|
Son of Shri Gayan Singh Negi; born on 2nd February, 1957 at Kalpa, Distt. Kinnaur; BA. LLB.; educated at DAV College, Chandigarh and Punjab University, Chandigarh; married to Smt. Susheela Negi on 1st July, 1982; one son and one daughter; advocate and Horticulturist.
A keen sportsman during college days; represented: (i) Haryana state in the National Junior Hockey Championship in Madras, 1977; (ii) DAV College, Chandigarh which was the winner of Punjab University Inter-College Hockey Championship, 1977-78; founder President, Distt. Apple and Vegetable Growers Association, Kinnaur, 1980-1995; remained President, (i) Distt. Bar Association, Kinnaur, 1980-1995; (ii) Distt. Youth Congress Committee, Kinnaur, 1980-1995; (iii) Distt. Congress Committee, 1996 to 2011; Vice President and President,Foot Ball Association, Himachal Pradesh, 1996 and 2005-2009 respectively; Chairman, Panchayat Smiti, Pooh, 1987-1992 & Vice Chairman, HP. State SC. & ST. Development Corporation, 1996-97.
Elected to the State Legislative Assembly first on 27.05.1995 (by-election) and re-elected in June, 2003; and remained Parliamentary Secretary from 18 April, 2005 to 18 August 2005.
Elected to the State Legislative Assembly for a third time in 2012; appointed Chairman, Subordinate Legislation Committee on 1-2-2013and thereafter unnanimously elected Deputy Speaker on 12-3-2013.
- Special Interest : Social & political work.
- Favourite Pastime: Trekking and reading.
- Languages Known : English and Hindi.
- Conferences/Seminar Attended : 26th CP Seminar in Dhakha, Bangladesh, May, 2015, 77th Conference of Presiding Officers of Legislative Bodies in India at Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh in Jan-Feb, 2015, Fifth India region CPA Conference at Goa in Feb, 2015,78th Conference OF Presiding Officers of Legislative Bodies in India at Gandhi Nagar, Gujarat in Jan, 2016.
- Travels Abroad : Bangladesh