|Shimla Address :
Annadale View, Chaura Maidan, Shimla-4.
|Permanent Address :
Bandla Tea Estate, Palampur, Distt. Kangra.
|Mobile Number :9418037077|
Son of Shri Bansi Lal Butail; born on 25th July, 1941 at Palampur (Bandla,), Distt. Kangra; B.A., L.L.B.; married to Smt. Beena Butail on 12th June, 1966; one son and three daughters; Agriculturist and Horticulturist.
A social worker of repute; elected President, Lions Club, Palampur (twice); helped Co-operative Tea Industry to attain viability; Chairman, Co-operative Tea Factory, Palampur, President of the Kangra Tea Planters, S&M, CIS Ltd. Palampur/ Amritsar for six years & remained President of the Kangra Tea Planters Association (Registered in 1898) for six years, Vice President, DAV Public School, Palampur and President KLB DAV (Girls) College,Palampur.
Elected to State Legislative Assembly for the first time in 1985 and again in 1993, 1998 and 2003.
Remained Chief Parliamentary Secretary from 20 October, 1995 to March 1998 (independent charge) for Food & Civil supplies Department and attached to the Chief Minister for Public Relations, Public Works and Housing Departments; Revenue Minister 6 March, 2003 to 5 July, 2005; and Political Adviser to the Chief Minister, January 2005 to December 2007. Presently, Chairman of the Himachal Chapter of Commonwealth Parliamentary Association. Instrumental in making the Himachal Pradesh Legislative Assembly as the first ever Digital & Paperless Assembly in India.
Elected to the State Legislative Assembly for the fifth time in 2012 and unanimously elected Speaker of the H.P. Vidhan Sabha on 09-01-2013.
- Special Interest : Politics and keen interest in Tea gardening, interest in promotion of Agriculture & Horticulture in the Pradesh.
- Languages Known : English, Hindi and Punjabi.
- Favorite past time : Reading & Social Services.
- Conferences/Seminars Attended : 59th CPA Conference at Johannesburg, South Africa, 2013, 60th CPA Conference at Yaounde, Cameroon, 2014, 77th Po's Conference of Legislative Bodies in India at Lucknow, UttarPradesh Jan-Feb 2015.
- Travels Abroad : Zimbabwe, Kenya, Tanzania, France, Germany, England, Islambul (Turkey), Cameroon, Switzerland & United kindom.