SALARY, ALLOWANCES AND OTHER FACILITIES ADMISSIBLE TO THE MEMBERS/ EX-MEMBERS OF H.P. LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY
- Salary: Rs20000/-per month
- Compensatory Allowance: Rs5000/-per month.
- Constituency allowance: Rs.35000/- per month
- Telephone allowance: Rs10000/- per month
- Office Allowance: Rs. 5000/- per month
- Water & Electricity: Every Members shall on the production of actual payee's receipt, be entitled to the reimbursement of Electricity and Water charges bill paid by him subject to a maximum of Rs. 3000/- per month.
*In case no telephone is installed within his Constituency or at his permanent place of residence or at Shimla he is entitled to telephone allowance at the rate of Rs. 250/-per month.
2. DAILY ALLOWANCE:
Daily Allowance @ Rs. 1000/-per day
- Where he arrives for attending a meeting of the Assembly one or two days earlier to the date of such meeting or departs from the place of such meeting one or two days immediately after the date on which the Assembly is adjourned sine die for such one or two days, as the case may be, or arrival and departure; and
- Where he arrives for attending a meeting of a Committee one day earlier to the date of such meeting, or departs from the place of such meeting one day immediately after the conclusion of the business of the Committee for such one day of arrival and departure.
An incidental allowance @ Rs. 5/- per day is also paid for the day of arrival and the day of departure.
3. TRAVELLING ALLOWANCES.
- Own car-mileage allowance @ Rs. 13/- per k.m.
- Rs. 2/- per km by Bus/Taxi/Private Vehicle
- For intermediate journeys @ Rs. 1/-per km. and member who performs journey by his own car would be entitled to a mileage of Rs. 13/- per km.
4. FREE TRAVEL FACILITY
Each member during the term of his office shall be entitled to travel at any time by railway or by air or by state transport undertaking by any class within or out side the country alongwith his family or any person accompanying him to look-after and assist him during travel and shall be entitled for the re-imbursement of actual expenses so incurred on production of tickets of such journey performed, subject to maximum of seventy five thousand rupees in each financial year. Provided that the member while on official tour shall also be entitled for re-imbursment of actual expenses so encurred by his family or any other person accompanying him to look-after and assist him during travel by air or by rail or by public transport on production of tickets for such journey performed.
Provided further that the aggregate amount payable for the journey performed by railway or by air or by public transport in the financial year shall not exceed seventy five thousand rupees. (amended vide Act No.19 of 2010)
Every Member is also entitled to have an advance not exceeding Rs. 10,000/- (Rupees Ten Thousand only) to undertake journey and the advance so paid is required to be adjusted before the closing of the financial year failing which the entire advance is to be recovered from his salary and allowances in lump-sum.
5. TELEPHONE FACILITIES:
Reimbursement of Rent of Telephone installed at his residence.
6. HOUSING FACILITIES:
Accommodation is provided to every member in the MLAs Hostel and the rent of which is deducted @ 10% of their Salary.
7. MEDICAL FACILITIES:
As is admissible to Class-I Officer of the State of Himachal Pradesh.
8. OTHER FACILITIES
Every Member is entitled for a maximum Advance of Rs. 20 lac for purchase of Motor Car and for House Building whether taken separately of jointly recoverable in 180 installments alongwihg interest @ 4% p.a.
FACILITIES PROVIDED TO EX-MLAs
Every person who has served for any period upto 5 years is entitled to the Pension @ 18000/- per mensem.
" Provided that where any person has served as aforesaid for a period exceeding First Term, there shall be paid to him an additional pension of Rs. 500/- per mensem for every year in excess of the First Term. For this purpose, the fraction of a year shall be counted as one year.
Where any person who draws pension, or is entitled to draw pension under Sub Section 6B(1), dies:-
- his/her spouse during his/her life time or till he/she remarries or
- if such person leaves no spouse his/her minor children till they attain the age of majority and in case of daughters till they get married; shall be entitled to draw pension at the rate of 50% of pension as admissible to such person.
"Provided that where more than one person becomes entitled for pension under this sub section, all such persons shall draw the said pension in equal shares."
10. OTHER FACILITIES
- Medical reimbursement as is admissible to Class-I retired Officer of the Himachal Pradesh Government.
- Identity Cards are issued to Ex-Members to provide free travel facility in State Road Transport buses along with one companion.
- Re-imbursement of Telephone Rent.
- Guest House facility in the MLAs Hostel is provided on payment basis subject to availability.
- House Building/Motor Car Advance worth Rs. 5 lac recoverable in 60 equal installments along with interest @ 4% per annum.
11 FREE TRAVEL FACILITY
Every Ex-Member is entitled to travel by Rail/Air or by Public Transport in India along with his/her spouse or any other person accompanying him to look after and assist him/her during travel and to get reimbursement of actual expenses on production of tickets of such journey equivalent to the amount not exceeding the amount of Railway Tariff payable for Twenty Thousand (20,000) Kilo Meter the Government of India, Ministry of Railways ( Railway Board) in a financial year.