|Shimla Address :Annadale View Outhouses Chaura Maidan Shimla -4|
|Permanent Address :Village & PO Nanaon, Tehsil Palampur, District Kangra, (HP).|
|Mobile Number :9418015555|
Vipin Singh Parmar was born to Late Smt. Swarna Parmar and Late Shri. Kanchan Singh Parmar on 15th March, 1963 at Bengaluru (Karnataka). Late Smt. Swarna Parmar was a hard working, well mannered and cultured social worker and Late Shri. Kanchan Singh Parmar socially honoured person also served in the Indian Army for a long time.
In the year 1995, he married to Smt. Sharmila Parmar. She is presently working in the Department of Education as a Lecturer in Mathematics. His daughter Dr.Maithila Parmar and son Dhananjay Parmar are well-mannered and simple persons of nice temperament.
After completing his primary education in a school at village Nanaon, Shri. Vipin Singh Parmar obtained his Middle and Higher secondary education from Central School Yol (Dharamshala). He passed his Bachelor Degree from Govt. College Dharamshala and PGDCA & LLB(Bachelor of Laws) from HP University Shimla.
Activism in Student Movement:-
In the year 1982, he came in contact with Akhil Bhartiya Vidyarthi Parishad(ABVP) at Govt. College, Dharamshala; actively took part in 'Parisar Bachao Andolan' against the commercialization of education in the Pradesh at the College and University level, played a leading role in strengthening the nationalist ideas & cultural values and also went to jail many times for the student's cause.
Full Time Activist: Responsibilities & Achievements as a Student Leader:-
1. As a Student Leader, after the year 1988, Sh. Parmar hold a number of important positions in Akhil Bhartiya Vidyarthi Parishad(ABVP). He actively discharged his responsibility as a full time activist of ABVP in Himachal Pradesh for about 7 years. Sh. Parmar also remained Prant Sah-Sangthan Mantri, Sangathan Mantri and Member of the National Working Committee of the ABVP.
2. He also actively participated in the Kashmir Movement.
Debut in Active Politics:-
In the year 1995, respected Shri. Shanta Kumar Ji, having impressed by his organizational skill, paved way to his entry in the Bhartiya Janta Party as his successor and nominated him as a BJP candidate in the bye-election from Sullah Constituency (H.P Legislative Assembly).
Shri. Parmar also held the following positions for a long period in the State BJP Yuva Morcha and Bhartiya Janta Party and handled these assignments successfully:-
1. State in-charge - BJP Yuva Morcha
2. General Secretary - BJP Administrative District-Kangra
3. President - BJP Administrative District-Kangra
4. General Secretary - State BJP
5. Parliamentary Constituency incharge - BJP-Kangra
6. Parliamentary Constituency Palak-BJP-Kangra
7. Vice-President - State BJP
8. President - HP Khadi Board (1999-2003)
Member of Legislative Assembly & other important assignments:-
1. In the year 1998, 2007 & 2017, having nominated as a BJP Candidate, got elected as a Member of the Legislative Assembly from Sullah Constituency.
2. Remained Health Minister of Himachal Pradesh from the year 2017-2020.
3. Unanimously elected as the Speaker of HP 13th Legislative Assembly on 26th February, 2020 and continuing to discharge the high responsibility of this post successfully.
Special Achievements as a Health Minister of Himachal Pradesh:-
1. Himcare Yojna.
2. Mukhyamantri Sahara Yojna.
3. Initiated the Chief Minister Health Assistance Fund Scheme and played a leading role in strengthening the Medical Colleges in the State.
4. Making continuous efforts for strengthening the infrastructure of roads, education, health and water facilities, etc. in his area and working for the all-round development of the Sullah Constituency.